Friday, October 31, 2008

All Hallows Eve

I am always unsure about halloween. I used to buy sweets ready for the hordes of nice children yelling trick or treat. I don't bother anymore as apparently the second floor is too high for the fat little sweet munching, hoodie wearing, heading towards diabetes little bastards to climb.

Kids of today huh? I am pretty sure as a kid I would go quite some distance for a sweet. These days it's more like asking for money with menace. It seems like cash ruins most of the stuff that's good and fun about any cool holiday. The supermarkets have been selling halloween stuff for weeks. Loads of expensive crap. It's such a shame.

On the bright side there are fireworks this weekend! Brilliant. I always seem to become a kid again when the fireworks are on. Of course afterwards I grow up and head for the pub. This year I have to take it easy as I have an Aikido class early Sunday Morning. The one last night left me feeling like I have had a kicking.

Still feeling my way with this blogging lark again. It's nice to witter on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andraste said...

Bit late now, but Happy Halloween.

Ah-HAH - bet you didn't think anyone would be checking in, did you?

Well....BOOOOOO!

Saturday, November 01, 2008 4:28:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

I thought the dusty hallways of my tattered blog were abandoned and yet there are still friendly faces! I am very pleased to hear from you again!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:55:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.