Friday, October 12, 2007

Against the current

Ever been in one of those positions where you are pretty much screwed? Work or private life.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of an escape route. You are pretty much surrounded and the cavalry isn't coming.

Sometimes I feel like that. It seems to be that it's a pretty good way of sorting people into personality types. Are you glass half empty or full? Are you able to realise when you are licked?

Personally I say do what you can until you can't anymore. I think this is more due to my stubborn nature than any noble reason. Did I mention that I can be a little recalcitrant? Are you sure? I am sure I mentioned it somewhere along the way?

Anyway I have been known, on occasion, to dig my heels in. Now I prefer to describe this as grit or determination or perseverance but I believe it could be mistaken for bloody mindedness. A bit.

Anyway, I have problems to deal with and I am not sure that they can be tackled without totally over stepping my authority. It would seem the smart thing to do would be back off and not get involved.

Yeah right!! Where is the fun in that. Deal with what's in front of you.

On the other hand it's Friday so what's in front of me will be a pint!

I love the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.