Friday, August 31, 2007

Wedding action

I love weddings. Not only are they great for free food and booze but there are frequently single girls wandering about. What could be better?

Apart from all that good stuff, the thing I enjoy most is the people watching. Weddings can be a source of comedy gold. Perhaps it's the happy day vibes that inhabit everyone or that everyone is dressed to the nines or perhaps it's the fact that the champagne is flowing and the toasts are many but it encourages behaviour which you don't often see.

You know what I am talking about. Old balding men dancing. Not just dancing but throwing serious shapes. You see them trying to moonwalk, break dance and do the robot.

Don't get me wrong I am not exempt from the exuberance. Give me enough beer and I will dance at a job interview.

Anyway the wedding I attended on the weekend was Hindu in nature and possibly the most fun I have had in ages. A truly happy event full of colour. The food was spectacular, I really didn't want to stop eating. We munched through a few courses and were full but I still resented the hell out of the waitress who asked if we were finished.

Finished? Do I look like I'm finished? I may be groaning and clutching my stomach but I am sure if I shake myself a little it'll settle and allow me a couple more mouthfuls!

After all of this we still ended up on the dancefloor. Where I performed a move that the groom described as screw in the lightbulb and pat the dog. Watch a bollywood movie at some point this will occur.

It's not my fault ok? I'd had a skinful and the groom encouraged me. Well. He showed me the move and dragged me onto the dancefloor. It's still his fault.

It's not often people get me into a suit but this occasion was well worth it. Now all I have to do is locate the guy who did the video and photos , knock him on the head and remove all trace of me from them.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Queen of Fiddlesticks said...

Hi,
glad to see you back, all sounds like great fun!! could just picture the whole thing.
sorry to hear about stuff in post below.......
hope its not creepy for me to say this but..... I have a friend in London and its planned for me to go stay with them for a while there, maybe you can make me out a list of pubs and Ill buy you beer....

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:12:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Hey,
Thanks, good to be back although I seem to be slowing down. The do was excellent. I think the happiness of events like that tends to rub off on me.

Not to worry. Spilt milk. I try not to censure what I write so when crappy stuff happens then I feel I should talk about it. Even with the anonymity of the web it can be hard to be truely honest!

It's not creepy, it's a nice thought. You appear to have found my kryptonite, the lure of beer! You would be meeting Bruce Wayne not Batman if you get my drift! Send me you mail address (I promise I wont publish it) and we can talk about it.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.