Monday, June 25, 2007

Mondays

Is there anything more depressing than a Monday? The whole week stretches out ahead of you, taunting you with the fact you need to get past it.

All I want is today out of the way so I can crash out in the sure knowledge that there are only four days left.

Gah! I clearly need a holiday!

and another thing! Did you see the thing on the news about the girl taking her school to the high court to force the school to allow the wearing of chastity rings!

She asserts that it's a religious symbol and therefore she has the right to wear it.

I assert that just claiming any old americanised bullshit shouldn't be allowed.

What a load of cock. A head scarf is a required part of the Muslim religion and should therefore be allowed. A turban is a required part of the Sikh religion and should therefore be allowed. Christians have no required paraphernalia unless they are nuns!

Chastity rings are a personal adornment to show a personal belief. If the school doesn't allow jewellery then she can't wear it. It's like those bastards demanding that they be allowed to wear a crucifix outside of their uniform (BA was it?).

I think the Christians are feeling a bit left out and have decided to rattle the sabre a bit.

What the crap is it about these rings anyway? Why can't they just not have sex? Why do they need to sign a pledge? If they want to miss out they surely don't have to advertise?

Anyway, rather than waste the courts time with this crap they could just shut up about it and accept that there will be certain situations where their beliefs do not take precedence.

I am getting a bit tired of religion. Yes, people should be allowed to believe whatever they like. No, they shouldn't be able to dictate terms to employers unless it is arranged when they are hired. If I went to my boss and demanded my right to wear a t-shirt advertising the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/) (actually my job is pretty liberal it's what's in your head not what you wear but my old job was a bastard) I'd expect to be told no and be disciplined if I ignored it.

This is no different. Just because it's being done by members of one of the big relgions doesn't suddenly make it unassailable.

Very annoyed. Overjoyed that the rage is coming back though.



http://www.venganza.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.