Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blindsided

Life seems to have a funny way of sneaking up on you.

Rereading that I have a horrible feeling I may have quoted Alanis Morrisette. I apologise profusely and unreservedly,it wont happen again.

It's Ironic really (sorry sorry).

Anyway things you don't expect come up and you are left dealing with fallout that you never had before. Not that it's all bad! The good stuff comes with unexpected downsides and vise versa.

Interesting huh?

So, I have a hatred of technology. Actually that's not that true. I feel about technology the way Gollum feels about the one ring. I love it and yet hate it's hold on me. It promises so much then when you don't expect it it bends you over a barrel and gets down to business.

What is it with the people that design this overpriced shit? Why can't they just keep it simple? I don't care how many flashing lights it has as long as it works!

Bastards.

6 Comments:

Blogger MikeP said...

Have you ever read the E.M. Forster story called "The Machine Stops"? We will all end up like that some day--in little cubicles attached to our technology.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 3:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pip, I dont like it in "meh" anymore, isnt there somewhere else we can go?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:59:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Mikep - I haven't but i will keep an eye out for it now!

Tu s. tin
I reckon we can ditch the meh and move onto "charge!". No point over moping!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

charge sounds good .... are we there yet?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:12:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

In a limping dragging myself along kind of way, yes.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.