Friday, March 16, 2007

Schadenfreude

What's the opposite? Is there a word for being happy at someone else's fortune?

A friend had some good news and I am very pleased for him. Obviously if you could all keep this between us that'd be great. I don't want to lose my reputation as a curmudgeon.

Anyway, it's Friday and the weekend of St Patricks day! The diddly diddly music will abound, there will be guinness quaffed (to nick a quote from Prattchet it's like drinking but you spill more) and the craic will be had by all.

Only the morning and I fancy a guinness already.

and some colcannon.

Oooh, and some onion rings!

Cead Mille Failte

4 Comments:

Blogger Bigger Hugs said...

((HUGS)) to you P1pp1n

Friday, March 16, 2007 3:13:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Fair enough. I am a bit confused with the e-hug idea but happy to go along.

Monday, March 19, 2007 10:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well happy birthday!!!! does that mean your blog is an aries? The knight in shining armour, maybe you shouldnt neglect it so much and use it to fight. I understand your struggle too though, once you find a venting platform how come your mind goes blank? .. I started for kind of the same reasons I guess, a release of something mixed with a strange sense of someone looking or waiting for me??? (part of my crazy just ignore it)

I'm curious to learn the results of the other commenters gender study.... I always get assumed male from the comments I make on other blogs? and by men? wonder what that means?

Friday, March 23, 2007 7:33:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Thanks, I have no idea about starsigns though. There is usually something to say but if not I'd rather say nothing than force it. When I have tried to manufacture something it seems forced.

Apparently they decided I was male, possibly in touch with my feminine side (or at least someones feminine side ;)).

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.