Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tiny tool

Been off work doing up my flat. Bought a few bits and pieces.

Amoungst my hard found purchases was the frame for my new bed. This thing is beautiful. It's also pretty big. Not by American standards but it's still pretty big.

Anyway, it was delivered in four boxes. I was fine with this, I knew there would be some assembly required. In fact it has to possible to disassemble it or it will be a bitch when I move.

Even in bits it was heavy and tricky to sort out. I read the instructions and examined the bits and my heart fell a little. Rather than those unwieldy bolts they decided to go with bolts that need an alan key to turn them.

(For those of you who don't know what an alan key is, it's a bent tube of metal hexagonal(?) in cross section)

Luckily for me they had provided one. It's not the best option. A tool that small to assemble a bed that I can roll over a few times and still be in. I want something that I can use a powertool to assemble. It's still a chore but at least I can hold the drill like a gun.

Of course, once I had put it together I had to stand and admire my skill. Then my friend came over and she had to admire the manly skill of construction.

I am putting up some shelves soon. I have hired a mariarchi band for the reception. I am currently trying to cut my speech down to and hour and a half but it's difficult to cut all that good stuff. I am considering investing in a tool belt or holster as I like to call it.

and a hard hat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

A whole kodak moment there. Men in toolbelts with work stuff on or just in tool belts?

Do they have their boots on or off? What about the hard hat?

Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:27:00 pm  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor old thing, doing stuff in homes is fine, 'having' to do stuff is ghastly.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:42:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

I quite enjoy it when it's a simple task that only takes a couple of hours. Painting and decorating can fuck right off though.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.