Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sickboy

Howdy. Haven't done much in the way of posting recently. I took some time off to deal with the depression of xmas being over. I did not waste this time.

I did some DIY. I sorted out a bunch of stuff. I even threw of some of the detritus that I seem to accumulate when I stay on one place for a protracted period of time. I may have had the odd drinky. So? I was on holiday and I accomplished some Herculean tasks that had been ignored for far too long. I worked all day and at night I kicked back, drank some wine, ate some cheese and listened to some tunes.

All in all I feel I was an example that parents could point at and say to their kids,"If you want to make me proud be like him".

I went back to work with a feeling of accomplishment. I managed one day n the office and came down with the plague. Viral, Bronchial something or other. Anyway felt like poo and looked like the worlds worst skiver. Not satisfied with the xmas holidays I booked a week off then took nearly took weeks off sick! I felt a bit guilty but as I was genuinely ill I dragged my carcass to the doctor who then signed me off work.

So I am back. Still a bit rough (and not a dram drunk) but I don't really feel I can take any more time off even if the doc does give me the thumbs down.

Ahh, a social conscience is a terrible thing to be lumbered with. Penicillin wont clear that up!

Anyway, I am back and feeling the need to exercise to appease the incipient rage but the sawbones has banned me from it for a bit. Need to get well first.

Bah. I've got my eye out for a subject worthy of a venting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.