Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nothing to say

It's official, I think I am empty.

I have ranted and raged about issues big and small and now I have nothing to say.

I could go on about OJ simpson and how proud I am of our colonial cousins for kicking that alledged murderer into touch.

I could talk about the money the government is putting towards training parents not to be negligent so that their ratboy kids stop being asbo scum.

I could even mention the lies we are beiong told about the cost of the olympics. "it'll be ready on time, it wont go over budget, trust us". How about if it does go over budget and isn't finished on time we get to watch a couple of builders dressed as bunny rabbits pound sand up tessa jowells arse? Or the committee led by Seb co could pay out of their own pockets.

Me? I couldn't give a shit if the olympics is held in London. I don't feel proud that it will be. I certainly don't feel I should be expected to pay a penny towards it. Let all those land of hope and glory fucks pay for it if they wanted it so badly.

Ok so it will revitalise part of the city and provide new sporting venues, brilliant. When I visit them I will pay then. Given that it's a fair way from where I live it's pretty unlikely I will travel to go to the gym isn't it.

See nothing to say.

My room 101 issue this week is me. I have been slack or rather I have been busy. I haven't had time to sit down and write an entry. I have grabbed a spare five minutes and the tosh above was all I could come up with.

I guess I do have one thing. As a person who will give an opinion on subjects I am not an expert in I am totally happy with people who do the same. However, It's not cool for someone who doesn't know what they are talking about to decide an issue.

My example is this. You are a bricklayer. You know how to lay those bricks so the wall stays up, right? Now suppose the site owner puts pressure on the foreman for you to lay bricks in a fashion that you know will cause trouble in the future. Big trouble. I am talking a little old lady and her dog mashed flat by a falling wall.

What do you do? You know best in this case. You are the expert with years of industry experience. The site owner is, and lets be totally fair to him, a git. He is so far out of his depth in this discussion I have to adjust my conversation and explanations as I keep over shooting. The problem is he is in a position of power and the foreman is not preventing him from causing this catastrophe.

What do you do? You are not in a position to refuse a direct instruction yet if you go ahead you will be complicit. I guess you just have to explain that if this is done it is done against your direct advice and the site owner will have to take responsibility for the damage caused. The only problem is once it's all screwed up they come to the bricklayer to rebuild the wall.

The idiot, sorry did I say idiot? I meant of course fucking idiot, will take no responsibility or suffer any consequences from the damage that they cause that will filter down again onto the shoulders of the brick layer.

Boy oh boy, I'd hate to be in his shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.