Friday, November 03, 2006

Et tu Brute

It's been one hell of a week. Betrayal, intrigue, cooking and some pretty nifty purchases on the booze front.

Anyway I am glad it's over. I have worked hard and now it's time to play hard (or at least go and see the fireworks and perhaps bend my arm a little).

I got a bit over excited and bought myself a bottle of single malt whisky (Aberlour if you must know). You see, last weekend I was out on the pi... er having a drink with an old friend. She and I wandered about between pub and wagamommas then back to pub (and then onto another pub). Had a few drinks, bumped into a few people then headed back to hers where another friend had got back from London.

He very generously (as I know now) poured us both some whisky. This stuff, The Macallan it was called, gave me a real taste for whisky. I have always hated the taste but I think that is mostly from early experimentation with inferior brands. The Macallan went down like a £3000 a night French hooker and created a pleasant warming sensation. Rather than the stuff I have tried before which went down like drinking burning sulphur and made me gag.

So anyway I decided I should experiment with the water of life. As I was choosing a few wines (and I got a cheeky dessert wine for only £3.99! Half price! I could hardly believe my luck) I nipped and had a chat with the wine and port guy who has also been known to take a nip of whisky and asked his opinion.

So, I am stocked for a while now. PLUS!!!! It's the fireworks Saturday. I will nip off to a display and maybe come back and have a warming whisky OR, it could be and excuse to get the hip flask out again!

So although it's been a tough week all will be well. You know what they say, when life gives you lemons.... squirt it into some bastards eye and go have a beer.

I think it could be a fun weekend. Have a good one all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.