Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lifes a bitch

This is referring to the case of the Muslim officer who was taken off duty in front of the Israeli embassy because he felt,"uncomfortable and unsafe".

I am sure this is an issue on which everyone has an opinion.

"The Association of Muslim Police Officers said it was a "welfare issue" not a political one - with the officer having a Syrian father and a Lebanese wife."

I have a big problem with this for a number of reasons.

Firstly, why the hell is there an association of muslim police officers? Surely there should just be the association of police officers who looks after all coppers. No christian police, no muslim police, just police. You all know how I feel about this crap.

Secondly, how does excusing him from his duty for reasons of his welfare make it any better than if he had moral objections. Either he is policeman or he isn't. Either he does his duty or he doesn't. Yes there is danger in being a copper but does that mean we should pick and choose the policeman for the duty? Should black police not be sent to BNP rallys in case they are in danger? Should only Muslim police investigate Muslim crimes?

To me a police officer is a police officer. It doesn't matter if they are black or white, male or female, straight of gay, you respect the uniform not the person within it.

I always had a perhaps naive view of the police. They do their duty without letting their personal beliefs or fears affect them. I trusted them to protect us without fear or favour and now we learn that this does not happen.

Whatever the Association of Muslim Police Officers says he did not do his duty. He is meant to be a member of Scotland Yard's Diplomatic Protection Group, would you trust him now? they are meant to protect whoever they are told to without personal feelings coming in to it. If they can't there are other jobs where you are allowed to pick and choose. Jobs where the safety of others may not rely on your impartiality

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5410094.stm

4 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

owch... painfully true

Friday, October 27, 2006 2:24:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

It's always a bit weird when people read a rant I have made a while back. I have had time to calm down and maybe mellow in my opinions.

Nope I still agree with all of what I said. Do the job or fuck right off.

Friday, October 27, 2006 2:32:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Adragon
korean, MC, and people...
I Love Hip-Hop.
I Like musician is NAS.
Lifes a Bitch...
My phone number xxx-2806-7895

Saturday, April 05, 2008 8:24:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Very profound.

Monday, April 07, 2008 8:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.