Monday, September 25, 2006

Gobsmacked

I had a bit of a moment Friday evening.

While wandering out of work to meet a friend I got caught in a bit of weather. Now I talk of it being a bit of weather in the same way I'd talk of the notting hill carnival as being a bit crowded.

Basically it was pissing down.

I sensibly took shelter and waited it out. As luck would have it the rain had started to tail off when I got a call to say my friend was where we had arranged to meet. I grabbed my stuff and headed out.

Halfway there the sun came out. It was still raining a bit but the sunshine was brilliant, like a summers day. I was strolling by some trees when I literally gasped at how beautiful everything was. The sun was reflecting through the rain, scattering light. There was that clean, fresh smell you get after a torrential downpour. The sunshine was strong enough to warm my face. I found myself grinning like a fool.

The other thing that made it such an arresting experience was how ephemeral it was. I was walking and suddenly it was like someone had opened a door to another place. I took maybe three steps and it was over.

A case of being in the right place at the right time and lucky enough to catch the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.