Thursday, August 24, 2006

Piqued

Ok, I can get a bit testy if I am hungry. Actually quite a lot can make me angry.

Lack of:-

food, sex, sleep, exercise

All of the above can lead to me being a "bit snippy" or wolfman crazy. I'm a firm believer in maslowes (probably how it was spelled, it's been a few years ok?) hierarchy of needs. Not to attain self actualisation but to avoid a nuclear rage meltdown.

Other that that I am a pretty simple chap. I'd make a great pet. I have no need for world domination. I am not after your lucky charms. I don't speculate on who killed JFK.

Also a decent bottle of wine or a nice port. It's so easy to keep me happy. Why don't you want me to be happy huh?

There I am, metaphorically stretched out in front of the fire and religion or politics comes along and pokes me with a stick. Is there any wonder I bite?

Anyway, this is meant to be a soothing post so we will avoid the rage triggers and talk about something close to my heart.

Desserts

Chocolate Parfait.

I have made this only once. It's a mix of dark chocolate, fresh cream, butter, whisky and some other crap. It reminds me of the deadly eclair from that simpsons episode. I used glenmorangie to make it which may offend you whisky types but what the hell was I going to put in? Teachers? Not bloody likely. It's a bit rich to have a lot of, a little goes a very long way.

Black Forest Gateaux.

My friend made me one as my birthday cake and the sheer size of thing thing was enough to impress me. Didn't have any kirsch so she used brandy and the cherry syrup to soak the sponge.

Chocolate Mousse.

I have made a few of these and am always after some new recipes. I made half a dozen for a dinner party which was lucky because the american cheese cake went south in a bad way.

Ok. I think I might be hungry. Or I might need to cook. Or I could be slowly going bertie. Either way I am going to go.

Cheese and biscuits.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I followed you from Barney's, hope you don't mind.
I do like my pudding, especially the Black Forrest Gatux. You just don't see them now. Bloody snobs. And when you ask if they've got a prawn cocktail, well Christ! Who brung him?

Barney might be back at some point. Hope so.

Pip Pip!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:26:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Not at all. It's nice to have another person in the echoey dark mansion that is my blog.

I know hwat you mean. How Did black forest gateaux EVER go out of fashion? I've not had a prawn cocktail in many years or tried to order one (vegetarian) so I didn't know of the disturbing loss of that luxury starter. I don't know poncing about with their fois gras.

Bastards.

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:14:00 am  
Blogger My Mouth said...

It's definitely Maslo.

As for pudding, I like good ol' fashioned American Jello Pudding Pops. There's nothing quite like the fake chocolatey and unreal taste and texture of a pudding pop.

Monday, August 28, 2006 10:04:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Jello pudding pops? I am a little scared by the name.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:54:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.