Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr Yer scurvy dogs!

Although I hate to interrupt the pure flow of topical thought that is this blog I feel I should pass on the news that today is International Talk like a pirate day.

Not that this is something I knew before about 20 minutes ago, although I do have a vague recollection of some drunken conversation that took place somewhere. Anyway I know now thanks to a timely reminder.

So you scurvy bunch of bloganeers, ye had all better be talkin the talk before I keelhaul the lot of yer. Arrrrrrr etc.

Come to think of it it's a pretty weird thing to do (Ah-haaaaaaaaar dubloons)why not have a talk like a French viscount day? Or talk like Freud day? Oh wow, how about talk like top cat day (cutlass, cutlass, mainbrace etc).

I could get on board with pretty much all of these suggestions. Pirates are seriously awesome but there is so much out there that is also awesome, do you really want to miss it(pieces of eight)?

Did you know that the sail that hangs off the back of a three master is called a spanker? Brilliant. You couldn't make this stuff up (Shiver me timbers).

I'd best head for the Spanish main (I have no idea so don't ask) and sing a shanty. May even do a little hornpipe (I had no idea that would sound as filthy as it does).

Arrrrrrrrrr.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

http://www.piratequiz.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.