Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Son of a Bitch Part Deux

Got my cards back.

Chappie found them ditched on the floor of the place where I lost it. I figure that I dropped it and some kids ditched the contents and kept the wallet. Anyway I went and collected my cards.

Slipped the geezer some cash as it was a pretty decent thing he did. He tracked me down when he could have just ignored the cards. I consider that to be behaviour worthy of reinforcement. I would have stood the guy a few pints but I had to get back to work so I thought he'd understand if I gave him cash so he could have some beers on me.

Still pissed off with myself but it's not the end of the world. Definitely a lesson to be learned there.

I tried to make my friend a birthday cake last night. Didn't work out. Looks like a bowl. Smells amazing and tastes pretty good but didn't rise properly. I think I know what I did wrong though, so I will have a another go at it tonight. I am not blowing my own trumpet (if only eh?) but I generally tend to have things that I cook or bake come out correctly so I was pretty surprised when this went so badly.

Going to be off for a couple of days as I have stuff to take care of. Not in a mafia, double tap some bloke kind of way but in a things to do people to see way.

This week is turning out to be a bit of a roller coaster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andraste said...

Now, a story like that can restore some of the faith in humanity that gets lost when I watch the news.

Just gave your monkey a banana to celebrate.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:13:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Yep, It's nice when people behave in that way. All he had was my name, and the name of my company and from that he found me. Just like lassie.

"what's that girl? The credit cards are down the well?".

The little fella needs those bananas to grow big and strong. Thanks for watching him while I was off drink taking!

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.