Monday, October 02, 2006

Finish each day and be done with it.

I'm a slacker. I don't apologise for it or ask for special treatment.

This is something I have accepted. I am by no means lazy I just prefer my time and energy to go into things I enjoy. I work because it funds the more fun stuff I wish to do and the essential stuff that I need. I try to do a good job as it's not really in me to do otherwise. However this doesn't change the basic fact that I work to live, not the other way around.

I have never understood people who win the lottery and kept their old job, the money is wasted on these people. Perhaps I am being a little unfair. I assume people who are potters may keep their job as they love it.

I like my job but at the end of the day I am a corporate whore. I sell my skills for money. If I had the cash I would not work, I'd just do the things that make me happy.
If I had the cash I would 'while away the hours' etc.

Since I haven't been the one in 14 million who won the lottery and my needs still outstrip my income I have to stick my shoulder to the wheel occasionally. I find this depressing as it takes something that I like and makes it a chore.

This is the reason I do not wish to become a chef. I'd lose my love of cooking. It'd take something that delights me and make it into something forced. Bugger that!

Anyway the reason I began this meandering slightly peculiar mind dump was to say that I have just got a lot of stuff that needed doing done. I have tackled some things that were hanging about while I procrastinated.

This pleases me. If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well It were done quickly. Shakespeare was bang on the money. So despite my distaste for certain tasks I have got on with them and moved them out of my road.

Feeling smug.

6 Comments:

Blogger My Mouth said...

At age 63, your secretary will find you at 5:05 p.m., slumped over your desk, your right hand to your chest and your left hand clutching some vacation brochures.

You should quit your job now while you can.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:09:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Nah, at at 63 my secretary will find herself sprawled upon my desk with me astride her!

Don't worry I know how to relax and avoid stress.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...
I quit my job cause I no longer enjoyed being a whore, and I wanted my soul back. funny now I am a chef..and I love it.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:54:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Well done. From whore to chef a definite step up I feel. Maybe there is hope for us all.

Friday, October 06, 2006 8:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you...lets hope so... maybe I should have paid more attention in typing class, you make office work sound interesting, maybe you should keep your job after all.

Monday, October 09, 2006 2:43:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Need something to keep me in beer and loose women!

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.