Friday, December 08, 2006

Can I pull this off?

I have problems shopping. I am ok with this. I am a man, we are not supposed to be able to make fashion decisions. I get around my disability by talking a woman with me when I go. I try something on and ask, "Will this get me laid?". If the answer is yes I buy it.

I guess the above method is a little simplistic but it works for me. When I don't have a woman present I get a little nervous. I can usually get stuff that looks good on me but I have, on occasion, made the odd faux pas. These items live at the back of my wardrobe and mock me whenever I open it.

I can't throw them away, what if the bin man saw them? He would then know that I once thought I would look good in whatever couture of satan he finds. These bastards hang about, undermining my confidence in my own decision making.

So I went shopping the other day. I found some shirts I liked. Grabbed a quartet in small and headed into the changing room. I came out, grabbed some in medium and put the small back.

What? Like I have any idea what size I am, I have to think when someone asks me my age!

Anyway, I tried them on. One was a definite no, two were very possible but similar to shirts I already own, the last one put me in a quandry.

It was a dress shirt but looked good with jeans. I was pretty sure it would look good. My problem arose when I tried it on. I had to ask myself, "Could I pull this off?".

If I am in a Vince mood the the coolest clothes are whatever I select. When I hit a Howard low I don't think I could have carried it. Did I really want to spend my hard earned on something I could only wear when I am on the crest of the confidence wave?

Tricky business this shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andraste said...

Pah! Consider yourself lucky. The women's clothing industry is a joke. We're all expected to either dress like Paris Hilton or some repressed old dowager. There's no in-between at the moment. So I wear men's clothes. They're made better and last longer anyway.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:45:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Probably true. girls have some weird fashion things go on. What the hell was with leg warmers with high heels? or that skirt over trousers thing thing a while back?

Men do have clothes available although some seem to be like womens, I just lack the necessary skills to pick them.

Monday, December 11, 2006 1:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.