Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I need the romance

I can't just put out at the spur of the moment. I need the roses, I need the romance. I need to know there will be tenderness. Will there, I ask with wide eyes, be dancing.

You sit there expecting me to come up with a blog that's worth reading? It doesn't work like that. Sometimes I have to yell about something. I have to let it out before it tears me open. If my chest was a cannon I'd fire my heart at it (Sorry Herman).

Other times I am at peace with the world or at least we have a temporary ceasefire. During these lulls the blogging just doesn't come. I have been tempted (and may have actually given in on occasion) to describe events in my life. This can work but to me feels a little like cheating. It feels a bit tame. I like to have the words driven from me by the white hot rage magma compressed behind them.

I started this blog originally after a colleague who was amused at one of my outbursts about something suggested that I needed to get it out of my system and wouldn't a blog do that?

Now I don't have as much rage. Have I shot my wad? Or have I succumbed to enui? Do I care anymore? Can I be bothered to administer a written punch to the nose of the irritating things in life?

At the moment? No. I really don't give a ratchet spanner. Not to worry though sooner or later someone will get on my pecs and I shall gather my fury about me and head off across the moors. Don't stray from the path, if you do you will see me baying at the moon and foaming at the mouth.


While I am here. Why the hell have a meeting if there is nothing to say? Surely that's just a coffee morning? Also meetings to give updates on stuff that is behind schedule take the piss. If we aren't keeping up anyway why saddle us with something that will take up more of the time we need? I like the free coffee and biscuits but could we be a bit more honest about the name please? Can we just call them coffee drinking and biscuit eating while avoiding work?

What do you know? I had a little nugget in there anyway!

4 Comments:

Blogger MikeP said...

Sounds a little like Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights. Don't go all sappy, please.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:51:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

I am not sure what came over me. It'd be nice to have the anger romanced out of me instead of all this yelling.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:16:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get round this by coming up with nothing original whatsoever. All I do is post up the inanities that other people send me.

Then people like you link to me :)

Thanks for that- I have returned the link!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:38:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Jokemail is excellent. I love a laugh ,me!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.