Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Living for the weekend

I promised myself I'd never be like this. I hate the idea of just doing the job and living for the weekend.

I think it's a temporary situation as work is mental, too much to do too few people to do it with added advantage of people who seem to be deliberately sabotaging the efforts of me and my team.

I don't intend to ever live to work. It's the other way round or I will find something I enjoy more. Maybe time to reconsider becoming a chef?

On the brightside I have bought myself a blow torch! Time for some dangerous cooking I feel. Given the damage I did to myself with a knife perhaps I should buy some safety gear before blasting the top of creme brule. Gong to be cooking up a storm.

Feeling it today. Made myself a very respectable dinner of shepherds pie and cauliflower cheese. I used stilton in the cheese sauce for a bit of a twist. Anyway such a great dinner clearly needed some wine with it so I cracked open a red that's been in my rack a while. I had a couple of glasses with dinner then ended up polishing the rest off in front of the box.

I don't exactly have a hangover but I have that red wine sluggishness. Not fun considering I have to keep moving today. I reckon it was worth it. A nice relaxing evening seriously chilled me out.

Bugger, best get back to it. More posting when I am not being chased from pillar to post.

2 Comments:

Blogger MikeP said...

Stilton--that always makes me think of Wallace and Grommit. never tried it myself. Any good?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:17:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Cheeeeeese Grommit! Depends really, i bought a decent one. You have to like blue cheese I guess. An aquired taste for me.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.