Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in the saddle

Back again. Bruised and battered. Still nursing injuries I have picked up in training.

I know this sounds a bit strange but does anyone else kind of like injury? Not as in like it but there is a certain satisfaction about the odd bump and bruise you pick up from sports etc. Perhaps some sort of validation of your will to succeed in your field. I am aware that this sounds like a lead up to asking if someone would spank my ass but that's not it. It's weird looking for motivations in your own psyche. It's dark in here and a little bit scary.

Come on, don't leave me hanging here I know there are some of you out there who play competitive or dangerous sports or who study martial arts who feel the same.It's not that you like being injured or that you don't resent the recovery time. It's more like a badge of honour.

Just me?

Fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.