Wednesday, March 29, 2006

BST British Summer Time or Bloody Stupid Tradition?

Ok. Once a year we turn our clocks forward an hour, once a year we turn them back. WHY?

Actually I am not all that sure. Something to do with farmers needing the extra hour? Kids needing more light on their walk into school? In this day and age is it still a sensible thing to do? I guess a lot of people will say it doesn't really bother them so it's not really putting out the majority for a minority of people who don't know how to use a torch.

Seriously though, surely these people have access to electrical lights? Ok, I admit there may be people who live in the sticks (I used to be one of them!). I know what it's like, no street lights sometimes no pavement (sidewalk for our colonial cousins). Grab a lift in, get some lights for your bike or wear a high vis jacket.

Did anyone see the recent research that stated that when we changed the clocks (either way mind) there were more road accidents. I bet it also translates to more accidents in manual jobs. Apparently it takes our bodies time to adjust to a change in schedule. It's like jet lag.

This is a pretty new blog but anyone reading back through my previous entries will get the idea that i am not a happy camper without the good sleep. So why don't we drop this BST crap?

Is this just me? Does anyone actually think perpetuating this "tradition" is a good idea?

2 Comments:

Blogger kelmaree said...

I agree its a horrible idea, but im only complaining cause hear in Oz we just put ours back on "correct" time , which means early morings and dark afternoons, which doesnt work for me, id rather we where on daylight savings all the time

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:23:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

I didn't realise it happened down under too. The world is a crazy place. I could live with daylight savings I just wish we could stick to one time.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.