Monday, March 16, 2009

Been a while

It's been some time since I posted anything. To be fair I have been pretty busy. I took some time out and have been training really hard. I have bruises on my bruises but my ribs have stopped singing every time I move.

I went to an Aikido seminar for the weekend a bit back. I learned loads. For example I learned that I am better than I thought I was but that I have a lifetimes worth of stuff to learn. I also learned how quick the black belt dans are. My break falling improved through necessity but I learned that if they were really trying it wouldn't be nearly enough. Not a bad lesson to learn against people who have the control to throw me as hard as I can survive but no harder.

Oh yes, on the weekend I made Manchester tart for my best friend. She missed it. The recipe I had starts with a blind baked shortcrust pastry case. You spread raspberry jam on the bottom of the case and sprinkle dessicated coconut on it. That's apparently it for traditional Manchester tart except you serve it with custard. The recipe I had included a custard layer that then set so that it was included in the tart. All in all it was pretty wicked.

I'm back low carbing. Aikido seems to be easier if I am lighter so I dropped about 6 lbs.

Best be off

3 Comments:

Blogger Andraste said...

How is it you barely ever post, but when I randomly check in, there's something recent to comment on? Weird.

Congrats on the Aikido.

Everything's easier when you're lighter, innit?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:49:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Ahh Andraste. It's because I am the head a huge Multinational Spy Agency called ArchAngel. It's all here I have people dressed in black jump suits shooting at targets. I have a big meeting table with seats that tip people into a piranha pool.

We are watching you because once on a flight you made a joke about being a secret agent!

Thanks, I am still struggling with a lot of it. I am not a martial arts newbie but this is easily the hardest thing I have ever tried to master. Being lighter means I don't get spanked into the mats quite as hard. Still hurts though!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:04:00 pm  
Blogger Andraste said...

Wasn't a joke. I travel in a police box with a skinny bastard in chuck taylors, and save the world every few weeks.

Shhhhhh.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.