Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Using the Force

Despite being a Zen master in the art of rage my powers have not been honed to Jedi levels. If I try all that "these aren't the droid you are looking for" crap all I get are blank looks and usually a response along the lines of," what droids?".

What am I talking about? Careless drivers. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! They are the people who don't stop at zebra crossings (Americans don't ask, you just have to stop at them when a pedestrian is walking on them). They are the people who drive too fast down residential streets. They are the people who talk on mobile phones while doing all of these things. They are the people who misuse the indicator. The ones who believe we are psychic so they don't need to indicate.

As an habitual pedestrian I get a little ticked off if a car is indicating right (to show they are continuing around the roundabout (Ok I can't keep explaining, if you care look it up on the web as nested parentheses are going to make me look bad)) and then turns left. I get more annoyed if they do this at speed so I have to dive for safety. Sometimes I think they actually have a death wish especially when they do all of the above but then beep their horn at me.

THEY ACTUALLY BEEP THEIR HORN AT ME! After nearly killing me while driving too fast, talking on a mobile phone and indicating the wrong way they have the nerve to beep at me. I have even been yelled at once. Obviously I razed this fine fellows entire town to the ground and chopped every man woman and child into small pieces (in my head).

Seriously though. If you are one of these people and have nearly driven over somebody at least put your phone down, flick your indicator to the way you are actually going and have the grace to look (you don't even have to feel it) a little embarrassed. Please don't yell at them. Remember sooner or later you are going to yell at the pedestrian Hannibal Lector. It's too late to be polite when you are strapped to a table with someone salivating over your now exposed kidneys.

Is saving a couple of minutes on your journey worth someones life, or you becoming someones difficult bowel movement? Drive safely, we pedestrians haven't told you drivers but we all carry video cameras now AND WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.