Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Davinci can lick my bag

The Davinci code. No holds barred unleasher of shocking facts or good read that has been blown out of proportion?

I think you know which side I am going to come down on. I am not saying it couldn't be true, I am just saying that it's been written by someone who wanted to tell a story. Don't get me wrong I am chuffed for Dan Brown, he's rich as almighty arse now. If he wanted to chuck a couple of million my way I'd be even more chuffed (come on Dan share the wealth!).

I was impressed to hear in the news that the UK Catholics called it "fun and harmless in so far as it is treated as fiction". Finally learned huh? Finally worked out that the whole, 'we ban this as it is evil' approach just makes people go watch it? Well done guys. Only taken a few centuries for the church to work it out. Look and learn fundamentalists!

Tony Robinson (according to michael wheeler) said, "whatever people believe, they do respect the Gospel. To turn it upside down or deconstruct it is sexy."

Ok, I don't know about you guys but I have no more respect for the gospel than I do for the davinci code. The only difference in my mind is that the davinci code is a better read. All that "begat" shit in the bible is like watching paint dry.

Sexy? What part of the bible is sexy? The blood getting licked up by dogs part? The wife being turned to salt? Perhaps Noah and family being able to repoulate the earth with only a family and a few others (Unlikely or we would all look like hill billys)?

NO TONY. NOT SEXY. BAD. DOWN BOY. DOWN OR IT'S THE ROLLED UP NEWSPAPER FOR YOU.

The bible is a work of fiction just like the Davinci code. It may contain elements of truth (like the davinci code) but ultimately believing it all is like the nutters who thing the davinci code is a manual on how the pope lied to us.

Unclench people. Let it go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4985812.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.