Friday, May 22, 2009

Konnichi wa

Hello all (I do sometimes wonder if there is an all anymore, perhaps there is just a you? Or maybe just a me? Ah well blogging is in effect a solitary act sort of like written masturbation so does it really matter? The woods are empty but those falling trees really do make a sound and that sound is the tapping of keys).

Anyway... On with the post.

I am trying to learn Japanese. It helps with Aikido given that Aikido is a Japanese martial art and all the moves, strikes, throws commnds etc are given in Japanese. Some might call this pretentious but to steal a joke from Grant Naylor....,
"Pretentious? Watashi?"

Well, it made me laugh.

Anyway it's not easy. Romanji fair enough but katakana and hiragana? Sweet googly moogly that's some hard learnin'! On the bright side it's quite an interesting thing to look at. Did you know that there are no plurals? On top of this I am training extra hard to get better. Not an easy task, it takes years and years to get good and a lifetime may not be enough to master it all.

The brilliant thing about all the exercise I have been getting is that I have been able to carb up. I am a bit of a lover of big sandwiches and now I need the extra protein etc I can get back to the trough!

Work is a bit weird at the moment. There is a situation brewing that is really testing me. I feel like I have been dumped in the middle of something that I really don't want to get involved with. I guess we just do what we must.

On the bright side it's Friday and I am not training again until Tuesday so I have three days of R&R durinmg which I intend sample booze and food!

Anyway duty calls, have a good one all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.