Friday, May 19, 2006

Septics and Frogs

It has been suggested that I dislike Americans and the French.

Not true my friends, not true.

It's true I have disliked people who are American or French but how could I find the time or energy to hate everyone in both of these countries?

I have heard the French described as cheese eating surrender monkeys which while wildly amusing (I laughed for about 3 hours when I heard it the first time) doesn't really reflect reality. Yep they weren't keen on the invasion of Iraq but then neither was I. Difference was their top chap said no. Ours went along. I met a bunch in Thailand that were pretty cool (or at least didn't object to me butchering their language in an extremely drunken way).

I have heard Americans referred to as inbred, gung ho, gun toting, politically simple, religiously bigoted hicks (perhaps electing them to the presidency was a bit too much of the positive discrimination though). Again, I have met some top yanks, people who could see past the whole mom and apple pie crap. People you can have a pint with.

So whether you are from a country whose main pass time is garlic eating and making love with your face or a county whose main hobby is killing wildlife and bullying the middle east. Relax. You still have my love!

I shall ignore the stereo types and give you Guys and Monsieurs the benefit of the doubt. However your governments leave a lot to be desired, but then who are we to talk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.