Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Day of the Beast

Yes, well done, it's the 6th of the 6th of 2006. Or, as I call it, not even fucking close to 666.

So all you superstitious people can relax. There will be no antichrist, there will be no rapture and there will certainly be no armageddon. With the way Nuclear proliferation is growing and with the fact that people just can't seem to get on it may seem like armageddon but I am betting no matter how religious you are you are not going to get to watch it from a safe distance. The only cloud you'll be on is the mushroom cloud that has sucked up your incinerated ashes.

Anyway a little bird told me that Bush is trying to amend the constition so it's possible to ban Gay marriage without being unconstitional about it (a concept that is truely fucked up).

WHY? What the hell does he care? Why should it matter to anyone who isn't gay? I don't give a crap what people do as long as they don't force their wishes on other people. I have a bigger problem with the 'mentalists (my shorthand for fundamentalists see earlier blogs or bite my ass) than I do with gay people. Homosexuals don't turn up on my fucking doorstep asking if I would like to convert to gaydom. I have never heard of gay people shouting insults at straight people either (well not unless they have been shouted at first).

Seriously, what's the problem? Are you afraid that if gay people can get married then all married people will become gay? Worried that you will start to mince and lisp? Why does it matter what other people do?

We have a thing in blighty called a civil partnership. Bit of a waste of time if you ask me but fine. Why not allow anyone to get together with a civil partnership or allow anyone to get married? Would it be so bad?

While all the god squad are squawking about gay marriage are they making sure they obey the bible? How many of them have had sex before marriage? How many of them have been divorced? How many have broken the ten commandments? I seem to remember something from Sunday school about how if you have also done some sinning you had better put that fucking stone down. Also, when the fuck was stoning someone to death not a sin? Bring it in to modern times. When was shouting hatred at someone not a sin? When was having all that hate in you not a sin?

How can people claim to follow the word of god and still have all that hate inside them? People say "what would Jesus do?" then they go off and bomb an abortion clinic or scream hatred at gays. Think he would? Would Allah accept the murder of innocents in the cause of Jihad? If I believed in a god and I was one of these people I'd be cleaning my act up as I'd expect to roast for the shit they are doing.

If there is a life after death, which I doubt, surely then is the time that the chips get counted. If god hates homosexuals then he will take care of it. If god hates hate filled pious assholes then it's crispy redneck time. I know who i'd have my money on.

I think when we die it's over, so how about we worry about this world and stop being shitty to each other huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger staticwarp said...

the funny thing about that amendment is that the mentalists push for it every election year, but they know that it will not pass in the house or senate and half of them probably dont even vote for it when it comes up. its a political parlor trick that they play in an attempt to "shore up their base" which, honestly, is signifigantly less worried about gay marriage than the politicos might think. most people in the conservative base were fully against the "comprehensive immmigration reform" disaster that was recently passed to great fanfare from both the right and the left wing politicians. meanwhile the entire country was screaming "no, no you fools!" but this they did not hear. with people like this in office our country is going to hell in a handbasket. playing parlor tricks is not a good way to run a country.

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:11:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

It's a scary thing when you realise that the people voted in to represent you not only don't have a clue what's important to you but don't care either.

Despite the angry blog I am something of an optimist. I believe that there are good people in government. There are people who want to improve things and not just stick across their own biased view. As a Brit I am used to having incompetent arseholes (I prefer to think this than think they did some of that shit deliberately) in charge. We will win in the end. We just need to educate kids sensibly and trust them to do the right thing.

We just need to think before we vote.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.