Monday, June 05, 2006

If his chest had been a cannon...

Wow, easy to let things slide huh? Been a while since I posted, I'd say blogged but it sounds a little bit like some sort of sexual deviancy ("Did you do some blogging? Nah, although we had the baby oil and sweet potatoes we couldn't find an aardvark and the paddling pool has a puncture from last time").

I have been up to stuff. Cooked for some friends to calm the rage. Been ill for a bit and off work (don't you wish you could force yourself to go to work when you are ill and take the time off when you could enjoy it? I think we will discuss this another time if I can be bothered).

Anyway it's that time of year in England when the rage is pumped up to volcanic proportions. I am not talking about x factor, though that can certainly take a long walk off a short pier. I am not talking about any celeb dance comp, this also can do some walking (right across a minefield). I am talking about big brother.

Bastards!

Where do they find these people? It could be so sweet. A trick to cull the losers from our society. Put them in and vote who you want executing. I understand why they choose these people, I am sure they get more votes because of how much people want these idiots dead than they would if they were all nice. I understand the need to make cash, I just think it's a missed opportunity to clean out the shallow end of the gene pool.

It's everywhere though. It's almost impossible to avoid. Adverts, clips blah blah blah. I hate it but I can't help it. Sooner or later I am going to get hypnotised. Like trying not to look in Dracula's eyes, I am the dumb guy who takes a look and next thing you know he's he's mesmerised and dracula is using him for a glove puppet and looking in his intestines for corn.

Big brother is just like that except no vampire comes along and gives you merciful death. They have no mercy. You end up talking about it. You end up thinking about it. Sooner or later it's going to get you. I hold it off as long as I can. I read a book, I go out, I sit in a dark room with my fingers in my ears going" la la la I am not listening to Davina" but I can't do it forever.

The time will come. I will be drunk and channel flicking at 2 am and there will be nothing on but big brother. There I will be. Drunk as the proverbial lord. Watching people I could cheerfully see rubbed with a cheese grater. The shame.

The way to go? Big brother Thunderdome. They go in. There are lot's of pointy weapons everywhere. One of them comes out. Then we shoot the one that gets out. You could raffle hunting tickets. Fox hunters could chase these people.

It's almost as bad as any British soap opera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.