Friday, July 14, 2006

Sorry!

As you all know I hate to comment on politics!

BUT

For those of you who haven't seen the item a teachers union is calling for the sacking of a teacher who stood as a BNP candidate in a by election.

Now some of you like me find some of the BNP policies to be pretty abhorrent. However, they are a legal political party. My beliefs (and british law of freedom of expression) mean that they can hold their beliefs. It's essential that people have the right to believe what they like and hold whatever political beliefs they like.

Freedom has to be freedom for all or it's meaningless. Providing the teacher isn't pushing his beliefs upon the kids he teaches he has the right to stand for whichever party he chooses.

If we could sack teachers for their beliefs then we need to include the religious as well as the BNP. I think if they are trying to restrict his political rights then we need to review who the bigots are!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5179408.stm

Ok, Rant over. It's Friday. It's a beautiful day. I am aching from swimming at lunch and I am looking forward to a pint in a beer garden after work. They a little dinner al fresco. Life is still pretty good.

I love the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.