Thursday, June 15, 2006

Insomnia

Not just an excellent tune but a bit of a curse for those of us who have to deal with it. I have had bouts of insomnia on and off since I was a kid. So it goes. I tend to moan about it, although I am trying not to as it bores people and who wants to be a bore? My alternative? Moan to you! Still boring I know but my friends get a break.

I get a couple of types. Either I just can't get to sleep or I wake up at about 3am for no apparent reason. I read a lot so usually I just pick up whatever book I am reading and resign myself to being tired.

Anyway, I was reading the new scientist and there was an article that said a couple of cups of coffee can help with concentration and even help prevent cirrhosis of the liver. Good deal huh? Also it allows me to understand simple instructions when I am in an insomnia cycle.

I have always avoided coffee and tea but now I am trying a couple of cups a day. It's for my health people! Just waiting for the new scientist to announce that drinking in the morning is good for you and I am set.

So anyway, I have been known to have strange dreams which make me thrash about a bit. I have had reports from girls who have shared my bed. Once I had a dream I was a Viking and kicked my friend all night. I didn't realise I was doing it I was just off to pillage some village but it resulted in me getting medieval in my sleep. I heard about it the following morning!

So last night I was off to do some show or other with some friends and I opened the door and a damn vampire nearly had my head off, there was quite a cool bit where it couldn't cross the threshold of the house (Oh yes, I know my vampire lore my friend, even in my sleep, I am like a cross between van Helsing and rip van winkle) and flattened out like someone running into a window.

Oh, by the way, this was a dream, ok.

This dream ended up with me kneeling on it with a crucifix (atheist I know, but apparently traditionalist too!) while my friends tried to pound a broken pool cue into it's heart. We missed and had to try again. Actually a pretty funny dream. I know, I know it makes me sound a bit crazy but it was kind of ridiculous. Me yelling "left a bit, left a bit", while my friend took a mallet to the bloodsucker. My alarm went off on the second try.

Quite an interesting dream, I have no idea where it came from. I am sure analysts could have a field day. My theory sometimes the brain throws some crazy crap at you. Try to enjoy it.


Anyway, I am off to arrange my collection of human heads in my fridge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Msnhim said...

LMAO... that was funny!

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:44:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

...and sadly true. Except for the human heads. They are in my freezer. My fridge is full of beer for the world cup.

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you have comments now I really like to read your writing.

Monday, June 19, 2006 1:44:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Thanks tu s. tin. Always nice to hear praise, better than ducking bullets!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.