Monday, June 12, 2006

Three Lions

If you live on the planet, you may have noticed that the world cup began the other day.

First, I have to make some confessions. I am not a huge sports fan. I watch some sports but most bore me pretty quickly. I used to be pretty keen on taking part but age and injury and common sense put paid to that.

Having said that, I will be watching the England matches, I will be on the edge of my seat and chances are when England score I will be wiping beer off the walls (a good reason to watch footie in the pub).

I got that feeling the other day when England scored against Paraguay and it usually grows over the world cup. All that tension and hope seems to seep into every part of everyday life. We discuss it at work (and watch it if we can), I end up in the pub with mates watching it, three lions sang by a crowd gives me goosebumps.

I have been crushed in the past when England was knocked out, yet I still share the hope we as a country have that this year an England captain will once again hoist the cup.

Shit, I am even irritating myself with this. Sooner it's done the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.