Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Walk the line?

My previous post made mention of this and, as I am sick of talking about big world events, lets chat about something that really tugs on the scrotum of my rage.

In England we have roundabouts. For all of my world brothers and sisters who don't have these they are basically circles at the point where a number of roads meet. You travel clockwise round them and give way to your right. Some of them have lines on the road to make it clear which lane you are in. These lines circumnavigate the roundabout and peel off towards the exit they are intended for.

What bugs me is the people who can't work this out. They start in the outside lane and still cross into your lane on their way off the roundabout. It's like they are following some racing line. They move across the roundabout with all the awareness of a sacred cow and some even have the nerve to get annoyed when you beep them.

It's such a simple system. You drive you car between the white lines. People who can't manage this probably shouldn't be in control of the fast moving hunk of metal that is a motorised vehicle. In fact people who cannot stay within two lines probably shouldn't be trusted with the television control.

Maybe they could add it to the driving test. You know, parallel parking, three point turn, driving within lines, not being a complete fucking fool.

"Well Mr Smith, you managed to park the car fine and you certainly know your road signs but you failed to stay within those lines like I asked you to and you appear to be dribbling like a wanking chimp. I am afraid you have failed, perhaps you could get a tricycle and join the circus. You moron."

I am buying a tank. Cut in front of me and I will turn your car into a metallic doormat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.