Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Some days you get the bear...

Went swimming and joined the gym. I am officially a gym member. Does this mean I have to start worrying about calories? Stop drinking? Start eating hay or something? Start treating my body with respect?

Hell. No.

So I joined up. Did a few lengths and had a coffee.

The reason I had a coffee is that I was waiting for someone. A few posts ago I met this girl in the doctors. Thought she was cute then forgot about it. Bumped into her going into the pool.

Now I knew I knew her from somewhere. We looked at each other, I must have looked very confused as she said,"we met at the doctors". I was relieved as asking, "do I know you?" to a girl always sounds like, "I want to kill you and eat your skin" to me (rest assured I have never done this). There is something creepy about it and I hate saying it). (Actually I had to say it at a wedding once when I met this girl (she said she knew me too but for the life of us neither of us could figure out from where) but that is a whole different story which I may or may not relate some other time).

We have a thirty second chat then go get changed and have our seperate swims. I did my usual 20 lengths then headed out.

Figured I'd have a coffee, wait for her to come out then offer her one and get chatting. Then maybe dinner? Who knows? Anyway be assured I was going to be cool as ice and smooth as silk (Ha! I'd at least try not to look like a nutter!). This is difficult to achieve when you have dropped your shirt in a pool of water when getting changed (hell, who do you people think I am? David Niven?).

So there I am sipping my coffee. These guys do excellent freshly ground coffee. They make it from one of those big silver machines that look like they should do something more high tech than dispense beverages like launching missles or something.

Anyway, I'm listening to music (from my phone) and drinking this coffee. I'm feeling pretty good. She comes out and walks directly to this guy who must have been waiting for her. They leave together. I finish my coffee, thank the guy who made it and head back to the orifice.

All together now, "Somedays you get the bear, somedays the bear gets you"!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jupiter's Girl said...

Hey, I like your writing. You sold yourself short on Jokemail's blog.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:47:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

I was probably hiding my light under a bushel. Or maybe an umbrella. Thanks anyway. It's not so much writing as mental overspill!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:25:00 pm  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Given it was a girl you were waiting for, you might hope that there are not days when the bear gets you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_community

Anyway, thanks for creating the link - there's one back to you now from my site. And JG was right, you're selling yourself short.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:39:00 pm  
Blogger Student said...

Beer goggles have a lot to answer for!

thanks for the link and the big up.

Friday, July 28, 2006 8:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.