Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Swim Forrest, Swim

I am not the best swimmer in the world. I view swimming as something you do to avoid drowning. The ocean is full of things that want to eat us or at least don't like us very much. Swimming pools are full of human sweat and fat (yes really, don't ever go in a pool that really stinks of chlorine, first thing in the am is the best time after a night of filtering).

So I went swimming this lunchtime. Ok, I know that I said above but it's free for me at the moment and climbing costs. Besides it's hot as Kate Beckinsale in leather as it seemed like a nice way of cooling off.

Remember what I said about swimming? I can do the breaststroke (fnar!), the back stroke and that sort of flailing that all non swimmers do when they are starting to sink. I managed 20 lengths which is pretty good for me and managed to ignore it when old ladies went by me like motorboats (ok, so I shouldn't have ducked her but she was showing off).

I am in pain. I think I am still waiting for the exercise high that the gym freaks promise. As Jack Dee said " smoke and drink and you can get the same feeling climbing the stairs."

It's a beautiful day and I hate to bring it up but the news (or rather a couple of bad eggs) has shat in my breakfast again.

Cardinal Alfonso López Trujillo (adickheadsayswhat?) is trying to excommunicate all those who "...eliminate embryos [and to the] politicians that approve the law." Presumably the catholic church will be happy to pay for the upbringing of all the unwanted children their dribbling idiocy creates? No condoms, no abortions. Plenty of 'christian love' unless you believe differently then fuck you.

It seems the church is against science (again!), well they would be wouldn't they? After all science has been disproving church dogma for thousands of years. I wonder if they excommunicate the paedophiles within the catholic church (or do you just confess and become golden again?). Remember what they say, become a catholic priest and enlarge the circle of your choirboys!

It would seem that the church is getting a little hand from our old friend and village idiot for the world George dubbleya simian Bush.

He's threatening to veto the stem cell bill on "moral grounds". Monkey boy is against killing embryos while right alongside killing civilians in a just war (yeeeeeehaaaaa, praise jeeeeyyyyysssuuuussss). Apparently "..the Senate is unlikely to muster the two-thirds majority needed to override a presidential veto." Despite as "Opinion polls suggest almost two-thirds of Americans support the research"

Makes you wonder just who Bush is representing, apart from (alledgedly) his oil interests and his daddy of course!

The cells are harvested from embryos that will not be allowed to mature to full term anyway (this is from stuff I read so I may be wrong but I doubt they just grab an embryo randomly and go to work). Anyway apparently it's much more "christian" to destroy them rather than use them to help people who are suffering.

Damn, I got back on my high horse again. So I should just say fuck George Bush and fuck Alfonso López Trujillo. May they get cock rot in a part of the world without penicillin (not like they'd use it anyway it coming from the demon science).

Calm. Calm. Beautiful day. Aaaaaaaah theres the high I was looking for. Runners high can kiss it. Anger high beats all!

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg19125603.400&feedId=online-news_rss20
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5186458.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.