Tuesday, July 04, 2006

and we're back with the anger

Bad sportsmanship.

During the world cup we have seen a lot of diving and cheating. Don't get me wrong I am not whining because England is out. Shit happens and although they played their hearts out on occassion they weren't up to the level of some of the other teams.

What I am hacked off about is crap like headbutts being ignored as the ref had already penalised him with a card. Dives resulting in free kicks and penalties. Deliberate cheating.

The papers bang on about society but with examples like this being set what do they expect. Fighting on the pitch needs to result in an arrest not a yellow card. Immediate sending off followed by being nicked and at least fined (with an amount that a footballer can't just pay out of spare change) if not banned from playing or jailed for a bit. So many people look up to footballers and although the majority behave themselves there are some who just do whatever they like.

Getting a bit sick of it. I have layed into the footballers as it's been particularly noticable during the world cup but all public figures should be held to higher standards than the rest of us. Politicians having their seedy affairs I can live with, financial irregularities or lying to the public or incompetence I can't. Models and singers blantantly flaunting their drug habits then saying oh I promise o get some help. Bullshit. Would an ordinary member of the public get away with this?

Famous people, sort your shit out. To be honest I don't care what you do in private but if you get caught in the public eye then you should expect to be punished more severely.

Pah. Sorry about the dull entry. I am still vincing it but I need to get the anger out too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.