Monday, July 03, 2006

Grab life by the scrotum and make that bitch cry out some fun

I am trying to squeeze a little bit extra out of life at the moment. Just like the advert I have decided to see what will happen if I say yes more often (some of my friends might say I say yes a bit too often as it is).

Anyway, this (possibly short lived) resolution has been building up for a while as I have been pretty bored with being sensible. Yes it's a good idea to be careful with cash, to get on the ladder, to care about your career blah blah blah BUT I am bored with that.

Now I have done some stupid things (and I do mean epic) but I think the stuff I most regret are the things I didn't do, chances I didn't take. This attitude worries me a little but I don't think I should let something worrying me worry me (excellent, at least I still have all my marbles eh?).

So, my first port of call has been to start climbing again. I am typing this in a bit of pain as I have punished some muscles that thought they were safe when I stopped climbing a few years ago (ha take that you lazy bastards, I'll teach you to go soft on me!). Also I think I may have left some skin on the climbing wall as my hands are pretty sore, it was so hot that I had to put more chalk on after practically every grip (sweaty palms!).

Number two, I need to spend some time with my guitar. It used to relax me then I just stopped playing for no real reason. It's a bugger that I will most likely have to practically start over (still I wasn't very good so not too far to go, always a silver lining huh?).

Number three? Haven't sorted that yet. I need to get thinking. Don't get me wrong I haven't abandoned my life. I will still finish my flat off and keep working on career stuff but if I am going to deal with that crap I need to get some excitement and fun too. I quite fancy a bungee jump, got to be somewhere around here I can get that done.

No idea what yet but I think it could be fun to find out. Here's hoping I don't backslide...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.