Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Do you know what appointment means?

This happened a while ago but I have had to wait until the flames of anger died down a little before unleashing it.


So I wasn't feeling good. I tend to get cold and flu type stuff. Apart from that I am really healthy. I have no idea why this happens, perhaps it's my job? I come into contact with a lot of people over a day and a lot of stuff is airbourne right? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? I'M A TECH NOT A DOCTOR!

Anyway, all is not well in P1P world. So I take advantage of the fact that I pay my taxes and I call the Doctor. My Doctors Surgery is pretty busy but they do try to fit you in if you are poorly and sound pathetic enough. They even have times when you can get in if you call first thing. I get my appointment from the nice lady. It's 10.30 am.

At precisely 10.25am I drag my mucus filled mekon head into the doctors. After letting the receptionist know i'm there I take a seat. What happens next? Nothing. For nearly an hour! Perhaps my watch was wrong? Perhaps the laws of time have changed? No. The truth is they are running late!

I made an appointment as I assumed that is when I would be seen! If we can just stroll in whenever and wait I would have just done that!

Anyway I am reeling in my rage on this one as I know the doctors are struggling to keep up but it happens a lot and it gets to me.

Why not just say "we will see you between 10am and 11am. I am sorry we can't be more specific but some appointments run over". I could live with that.

The damn dentist is the same! and he charges me an arm and a leg!

AND BUSES! buses that don't keep to their schedules, regularly. A one off I can understand but if you catch the bus daily (as I did for a few years) and every day it's late then perhaps the time has come to change the damn timetable and admit it! COME ON MR BUS MAN. YOU KNOW IT'S LATE EVERY DAY I KNOW IT'S LATE EVERY DAY WHY DON'T YOU JUST CHANGE THE TIME TABLE SO IT'S ACCURATE!

Ok I need to go lie down in a darkened room.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well busses are on time only on the days you are late for the bus.

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:40:00 am  
Blogger Student said...

Very true. I'm glad I walk in at the moment.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jimmy likes you. Jimmy would like to go on a date with you. That makes Jimmy smile.